Terms and Conditions
This section sets out the terms that apply to your use of the Walk YOUR Way website. Your continued use of our website indicates to Autism Nova Scotia that you agree with these General Terms. We may change these General Terms from time to time, so please check back regularly.
- Registering for Walk YOUR Way for Autism - By registering for Walk YOUR Way for Autism, I hereby release Walk YOUR Way for Autism and its organizers and waive all claims against Walk YOUR Way for Autism, event investors, sponsors, event sites, and personnel for any losses, damages or injury I, or any dependents in my charge, might suffer to or arising from this event, whether by their negligent act or omission or howsoever caused.
- Registration Fees - If Walk YOUR Way for Autism is cancelled for any reason, registration fees may not be refunded.
- Participation - Each participant must walk the registered course as directed by local event officials.
- Content created by Walk YOUR Way for Autism - Autism Nova Scotia owns or licences from third parties all of the trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property that exists in our website. You must not copy or reproduce in any form any of the graphics, logos or other material on our website unless you have our specific permission. For the avoidance of doubt, you have our permission to download material from the Downloads page on our website.
- Content posted by you - Any content that you post to our website (eg photos and videos) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (eg by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary). By posting any content, you also give Autism Nova Scotia a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content.
- Keeping our website safe – We need your help to keep our website safe. Therefore, you must adhere to the following:
a. You must not collect user’s content using automated means
b. You must not upload viruses or other malicious code
c. You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone
d. You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent
- Walk YOUR Way for Autism’s disclaimer – Autism Nova Scotia takes great care with its website and we endeavour to keep it accurate, error-free, and free of any offensive material. However, you use the site at your own risk and Autism Nova Scotia will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of our website. Whilst we may include on our website links to third party websites or resources, Autism Nova Scotia is not responsible for such third parties and you use those websites or resources at your own risk.
- Refunds – Autism Nova Scotia is happy to refund your donation if you have made it in error. If you wish to request a refund then please contact us using the contact details in the Contact Us section of the Walk YOUR Way for Autism.
- Autism Nova Scotia ’s rights - Autism Nova Scotia may remove any content posted by you, or prevent access by you to our website if you do not comply with these General Terms. Any failure by Autism Nova Scotia to enforce our rights under these General Terms if you do not comply is not a waiver and we remain entitled to enforce our rights in relation to that or any other non-compliance by you.
- Entities and governing law – Autism Nova Scotia’s Walk YOUR Way for Autism website terms and conditions are subject to the laws of Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Currency – All transactions will be in Canadian funds.
By registering for Walk YOUR Way for Autism, I hereby release Walk YOUR Way for Autism and its organizers and waive all claims against Walk YOUR Way for Autism, event investors, sponsors, event sites, and personnel for any losses, damages or injury I, or any dependents in my charge, might suffer to or arising from this event, whether by their negligent act or omission or howsoever caused.
I grant full permission for the organizers to use photographs of me and quotations from me in legitimate accounts and promotions of this event.
Each participant must walk the registered course as directed by local event officials. If Walk YOUR Way for Autism is cancelled for any other reason, registration fees may not be refunded.
I state I am of legal age, fully capable of taking part in this event, and that I do so voluntarily.
Walk YOUR Way for Autism organizers may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any amendment will become effective immediately. Your participation in Walk YOUR Way for Autism after amendment constitutes an agreement to abide by and be bound by those Terms and Conditions, as amended.